When me and Richard met he didn't like sundried tomatoes, at all. I have never actually been one myself to be honest even though I have grown up with it. One of mom and dad's favourite dish during the summer was grilled chicken breast stuffed with sundried tomatoes, blue cheese and black pepper sauce served with fettuchini. Wow, had completely forgotten about that dish until just now, note to self: make that dish this summer.
I don't know what it is but I love pesto, love making pesto and love eating it. I've learned how to make a herb pesto but never done a sundried tomato pesto so I thought it was time to make one. Of cource, with pesto comes pasta, a match made in heaven, add parmesan and you have the three muskateers.
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
300 g sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
400 g chicken, diced
150 g sundried tomatoes, sliced
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tsp chili flakes
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until it becomes a paste. Easy peasy.
- Cut the chicken into strips and start frying in a cooking pan with some olive olil.
- While the chicken is cooking bring a pot of water with some salt to a boil and cook pasta according to instructions.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add the garlic and fry for about a minute. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and fry for another minute or two then turn of the heat.
- Mix the pasta with pesto and serve with the chicken and preferably a glass of white wine. Yum.